• Write simply and avoid jargon;
• Use short sentences;
• Use the active rather then the passive voice when you can;
• Check for spelling and grammar mistakes- if necessary get someone else to read it through and make corrections;
• Revise and re-write if necessary;
• Don’t exaggerate;
• Write for a non-technical writer.
• Use headings and sub-headings, but do so consistently e.g. all headings in one lettering or size, all sub-headings in another;
• Number your pages;
• Bind or staple the document in the right order;
• Use white space- have wide margins;
• Don’t crowd the text;
• Use a font that is easy to read.