• Color code notebooks, file folders, etc. for each project/program.
• Use 3-ring binder and ruled paper for notes pertaining to the project/program.
• Write the project/program title on the front cover and along the binder edge with permanent marker.
Devise a workable file system
• Set up a file for each project/program.
• After a project/program, remove notes and materials from notebook and store them in a folder for future to use with follow-ups or next year’s proposal (grant application).
• Keep receipts in appropriate place with project/program. *** If administration requires the receipts, it is important to photocopy and file for your records.***
Date and title all materials
• Date project/program meeting notes.
• Title each project/program.
Number all pages of project/program documentation.
Keep supplies and materials in the same place for ease of use.
• Label desk drawers with contents or file folders.
• Use shelf over desk or work area for texts and related reading material.
Create a “to-do” list - long-term and short-term tasks.
Always check your “to-do” list each day and cross off completed items.