Divide projects/programs into smaller manageable sub tasks
• Distributed tasks - work out over a given period
• Affords grant seeker a sense of control over work
• Provides grant seeker with sense of accomplishment
Keep a master calendar for each fiscal year
• Use large wall-size calendar - list all fixed commitments i.e., responsibilities, meetings, etc.
• List all projects/program start and completion dates.
Create weekly schedules
• Determine hour-by-hour schedule for the week
• Highlight project/program application and follow-ups due
• Each day look at weekly calendar and formulate a prioritized “to do” list.
• Establish priorities and set time accordingly
Set aside project/program assessment and writing time
Long-range project planning
• Count backwards from the due date and estimate time needed for each phase of the project/program
• Always allow more time than is actually needed
• Use it for organizing project/program assessment
• Summarize project/program
• Make up evaluation sheets for a project/program to utilize community feedback